During this episode of Tech Qualified Podcast, we talk with Sam Johnston, Chief Marketing Officer at BookingLive, the number one online booking and reservation system that serves the public sector, enterprises and SMEs, based in Bristol, England. Sam Johnston discusses BookingLive’s approach to digital transformation, keywords, the collaboration between marketing and sales, what the content workflow is like, and methods for generating successful content that is tailored to the different customer profiles.
- Sam Johnston shares some of his past education and career experience.
- Who is BookingLive’s ideal customer and how do they help them?
- What does the term digital transformation mean?
- What are the things that BookingLive needs to do on the marketing side?
- How do they build a rapport with government agencies with digital transformation?
- Sam Johnston talks about using case studies to satisfy existing customers.
- What is the approach to understanding an organization’s hierarchy?
- How do they approach keywords, industry terms and hashtags?
- What types of content works well?
- What is their workflow like and where does it stem from?
- Continually evaluate your product, which creates new content.
- What is the collaboration between marketing and sales?
- What areas have they had to focus on the content side?
- How is BookingLive approaching its move into the United States?
- What have been some of the biggest surprises he has noticed with BookingLive?
- What are some of Sam’s favorite resources?
- BookingLive’s ideal customers are local government, healthtech, and education looking for digital transformation on the enterprise side and connect customers that are typically startup smaller entrepreneurial businesses.
- BookingLive has about 700 organizations as clients in about 45 countries all over the world.
- With marketing content, position the customer as the primary character and overall hero of the story.