During this episode of Tech Qualified, we talk with Dan Drechsel, Senior Vice President at BIP Capital, a 12 year-old company focused on investing in earlier stage technology companies (includes a $100 million fund covering almost 20 companies). Dan Drechsel discusses the types of companies BIP Capital invests in, the importance of segmentation, the alignment of sales and marketing, and marketing trends he sees within the technology space.
- Dan Drechsel shares some of his career experience.
- Who is BIP Capital’s ideal customer and how do they help them?
- Where are some of the open opportunities within martech?
- What is the state of the marketing infrastructure of the companies that they bring on?
- What are some of the things that they focus on when advising companies?
- How do the different BIP Capital departments work together?
- How can an organization ensure marketing and sales are aligned?
- What do BIP Capital’s companies tend to need the most help with?
- What are some of the minimum content pieces companies need to have in place?
- What tends to be the first hire on the marketing side?
- What are good hiring resources or procedures?
- How has the B2B buyer’s journey changed during Dan Drechsel’s career?
- What are some of Dan Drechsel’s favorite resources?
- Segmentation that is too broad causes the acuteness of necessity to diminish.
- SDR programs should most-likely be outsourced instead of internally run…especially for earlier stage companies.
- Key content companies need: product and company description, the website because it is the hub for inbound research, product demos, the sales deck, and case studies.