During this episode of Tech Qualified Podcast, we talk with Sarah Lee, Director of Marketing at PYPE, a software company that develops solutions for construction companies. Sarah Lee discusses building up the marketing team at PYPE, the adoption of technology in the construction industry, how to properly move towards ABM, ways that PYPE tracks data, and the hiring process at PYPE.
- Sarah Lee shares some of her career experiences and her current work.
- Who is PYPE’s ideal customer and how do they help them?
- What is the general mindset in the construction industry with technology being adopted?
- What has been the process to build PYPE’s marketing team?
- What skillsets are more important to have in-house instead of giving them to partners?
- What are some of the biggest challenges that they have had along the way?
- What is the key content strategy for building awareness?
- Sarah talks about PYPE’s change in gears as far as their marketing efforts.
- What are some of the attributes of data that Sarah has used for PYPE’s marketing?
- Sarah Lee came into PYPE with a lot of Google Analytics experience.
- What does ABM mean to PYPE?
- She discusses how sales and marketing integrate work with PYPE.
- How should a company approach an evolution towards ABM?
- How does the marketing department communicate with the product department?
- What are some of the key initiatives that Sarah is looking forward to in 2020?
- PYPE has had great experiences with early adopters and has used that feedback loop to develop data points to gain a broader audience.
- PYPE’s uses of data have included: Google analytics and tag manager system, making sure the website and platforms track data, in-platform use analytics and within tracking data CRMs and marketing automation software.
- Get your team accustomed to tracking data early on in establishing your marketing habits.