During this episode of Tech Qualified, we talk with Ray Grieselhuber, Founder and CEO at DemandSphere. Ray Grieselhuber talks about DemandSphere’s core audience, how they serve their customers, his interest in SEO, the difference between keyword searches versus semantic searches, and how SEO is evolving with audio and video.
- Ray Grieselhuber shares his background and what he is up to at DemandSphere.
- Ray Grieselhuber’s interest in SEO came as a result of all the technologies he enjoyed.
- What does DemandSphere do for their customers and their connection to the start-up community?
- What was the state of DemandSphere when it was initiated in Japan?
- What has helped expand the skillsets needed for growth?
- Ray is an engineer who also likes to talk to customers.
- Ray Grieselhuber talks about DemandSphere’s core customer profiles and how to stay in their specific lane when working with the specific companies they help.
- What is the right time for an organic search strategy?
- How do you penetrate the market when there isn’t a lot of information on the service you focus on?
- Why is it important to talk to your customer and listen to what they need?
- Should you start with a budget and look at your goals within those parameters? How do you start SEO the “right way”?
- Ray Grieselhuber discusses the difference between keyword searches versus semantic searches.
- How much weight should you place on single pillar pages of content versus content clusters?
- How do you balance the call-to-actions at different stages?
- Capture emails and figure out how you can show potential customers benefits.
- How do audio and video factor into SEO?
- What are Ray’s favorite resources?
- DemandSphere handles programmatic SEO for very large database-driven websites with a lot of automated content generation.
- The main customer profiles for DemandSphere are large websites driven by data, many of which are on the e-commerce side or start-ups in the technology space.
- The marketing funnel that you need to reach 500 really high paying customers is much smaller than the funnel you need to reach 20,000 low-level paying customers.