During this episode of Tech Qualified, Tristan Pelligrino chats with the CEO of Triblio, Andre Yee. The conversation pinpoints some of the major challenges with B2B marketing right now – especially with standard MQLs and the traditional “lead model”. Andre talks about the shortcomings of using some of the standard marketing automation tools and how companies can pivot a bit to help gain rapport with prospects before they reach out and engage directly.
- Andre provide some highlights about his past work experience which includes a range of B2B technology companies
- Andre was a very early employee at Eloqua and helped grow the organization from around $15-$20 million to $125 million – in about 5.5 years
- Triblio was sparked by a lot of the experience Andre had with many first generation marketing automation platforms and technologies
- Triblio helps companies execute account-based marketing from end-to-end instead of piecing several different types of technologies together
- Andre discusses some of the major components to an account-based marketing strategy and how an organization can set up an effective foundation
- To execute and account-based marketing strategy effectively, one of the most important things to note is the customization with your prospects
- Based on research conducted by Triblio, it’s important to understand that many companies interact with prospects 90 days or more before they fill out a form
- With an account-based marketing strategy, companies can actually be more proactive in how they engage their prospects and avoid sitting back until someone raises their hand and provides contact information
- Retargeting is effective, but that whole process depends upon a prospect actually visiting the website first
- With Triblio, companies have the ability to customize a visitor’s experience on a website without any type of programming
- Content is truly the fuel behind your ABM campaigns and if you don’t have great content, you’re going to have limited success engaging prospects
- Andre sees a very strong trend towards video and developing a variety of types of content for prospects to consume in a number of different ways
- For those looking to get more information from ABM experts, Triblio actually has a new video series featuring interview segments from experts in the field
- Many of the methods and techniques used 10 years ago in B2B marketing no longer work in the same way – evidence points to the fact that MQLs only close at less than a 1% rate now.
- The traditional model suggests that you go out and get as many leads as possible versus focusing on the specific accounts in your target market.
- Most marketing automation platforms focus on the engagement after a prospect has filled out a form on a website, but in reality, a prospect often shows many signs of engagement before providing contact information.