During this episode of Tech Qualified, we chat with Dawn White, the Director of Marketing and Account Management at Integrated Design, Inc. (IDI). Dawn talks about her background in account management, how she transitioned to marketing, why she focuses on the success of customers first and outlines some of the major changes she made when taking over marketing.
- Dawn White shares her background story and talks about how she started in account management at IDI…then transitioned to overseeing marketing as well.
- Dawn discusses the ideal customer profile of IDI, which includes both direct customers and partner organizations.
- Dawn talks about the homegrown CRM that existed prior to her rolling out Hubspot to the team.
- One of the first initiatives Dawn went through in marketing was to complete a content audit.
- Hubspot is an integral part of the marketing and sales infrastructure at IDI.
- Dawn focuses on really keeping in touch with customers, through newsletters and simply picking up the phone.
- Dawn discusses how the website is used to complete a pre-evaluation for prospects and then how this information is shared with sales & partners to create a relationship.
- When moving into her marketing role, upselling was a component of her job…but so was customer satisfaction.
- Hubspot is a crucial component to ensuring marketing and sales teams are on the same page throughout a customer’s lifecycle.
- From the account management side, it’s important to never ask for more than we are giving in the relationship.
- At IDI, we’re consultants. We’re not trying to sell you something that you don’t need.
- Our sales process involves consultation. It requires a deep-dive into a customer’s environment and overall organization.
- Dawn took a Storybrand course to further refine IDI’s messaging. One of the big lessons learned is how the customer is the “hero” in your messaging.
- What are some Dawn’s favorite resources to keep up with #b2btech marketing?
- Hubspot is a key part of IDI’s technology stack and ensures marketing and sales teams are aligned throughout the customer journey.
- Dawn participates in a Rising Leaders Program within the Ann Arbor area and this helps her get plugged in to the local marketing community.
- Dawn took a course from Storybrand to help facilitate the company’s website redesign efforts.